Buntingford School of Dance Ltd – Terms and Conditions of Enrollment
- All Pupils are automatically re-enrolled in classes every term/half term unless we receive notice in writing/email to stop classes.
- Invoices are issued a week before the start of each half term to allow time to give notice if pupils wish to stop classes.
- All fees should be paid on, or prior to, the first class of term/half term – details of how to make payment are given in the termly fees letter and on invoices.
- Our class fees are held at fixed rate per half term based on a minimum 33 week academic year. We will ensure that our minimum number of weeks for the academic year is achieved.
- Notice must be given, in writing/email, prior to the first day of a term/half term (dates as given on the fees sheet and website) if a pupil wishes to stop classes. If no notice is given by 3pm on the final day of the holiday, then fees will become due on the first day of the term/half term and must be paid, regardless of whether your child returns to classes.
- A fees letter is issued each term and is available to view and download on our website.
- If fees are not paid by the end of the second week of the term /half term, a £5 admin fee may be charged.
- Refunds/Reductions will only be issued in exceptional circumstances, not for occasional illness, family holidays etc.
- Philippa McMeechan, or teacher appointed by her, acts ‘in loco parentis’ if a parent is not contactable via the details given on the Registration Form, to administer basic first aid if necessary.
- During the course of dance tuition, it is sometimes necessary for the teacher to have physical contact with a pupil in order to correct faults in technique. For example, moving an arm or a leg into the right position, or holding a foot in the right place etc.
- Photographs and videos of occasional classes and performances of pupils may be used in press editorial pieces and other promotional material of the Buntingford School of Dance including the website and social media – unless we are advised in writing otherwise.
- All pupils are entitled to a free trial class before committing to classes. If your child does not wish to continue after the free trial please inform us within 7 days or fees become payable.
- If your child does not attend the free trial you have booked and notice is not given by the day before the class, fees become payable to cover administrative costs. (Exceptions only in the event of exceptional circumstances).
- Once you have accepted the place following the free trial, fees as quoted above are payable.
- We welcome parents to stay and watch for the trial class in Baby Ballet and Pre-Primary Ballet, following which we encourage you to leave your child with the teacher, for children under 7 years old please stay in the building in case they need you.
- Please ensure you bring the completed and signed Registration Form to your child’s first class or return in advance so we have medical details and contact details.
- In the unlikely but unavoidable event that a class has to be cancelled an alternative will be offered. Only if an alternative class is not offered will a refund be given.
Enrolment for and attendance at classes indicates acceptance of these terms